After being given the brief, our full group had 1 hour before our afternoon lectures where we managed to lay out our basic structure –
The Hero – Tasha Dawson
The Villain – Suzanne Ross-Hughes
The Dispatcher – Andy Noden
The Helper – Richard Burtinshaw
TITLE: The Handover
CONCEPT: A handover of incriminating information with unplanned intervention
Andy makes a phonecall from his car
Tasha answers the phonecall from her office desk
Andy tells her he’s got what she needs
Tasha then makes arrangements for them to meet
Sooz is listening to the conversation (i.e from outside the door)
Andy drives off once phonecall has ended
Tasha & Andy leave
Sooz follows discretely
Tasha & Rich arrive at Multistorey carpark
Andy arrives and hands over the stick
Sooz is creeping closer
Andy gets in car and drives off, Rich exits via lift
Sooz attacks Tasha, there is a scuffle and Sooz gets USB stick
Lots of running and chasing down the stairwell
Rich exits lift and collides with Sooz who gets knocked out
Tasha retrieves the USB and her and Rich run off
PACE: 1st half is slow, 2nd half is fast
COLOUR/TONE: Slightely desaturated
STYLE & FORM: Bourne Identity Vs Vertigo
TECHNOLOGY: Dslrs & Go-pro
-Andy and Ian went and took photos of the locations & got permission for us to use the areas.
-In the evening i extended our story plan –
- Andy is in his car rings Tasha to tell her he’s managed to get the information she wanted. “Hiya Tasha its Andy, i’ve managed to get the information you wanted but I haven’t got much time, where do you want to meet?”
- Tasha is in her office with The helper ( Rich ), she answers her phone and arranges to meet with Andy “Hiya Andy! Thats brilliant, meet me on the top floor of the multistorey carpark in 10minutes!”
- The Villain ( Sooz ) is listening in to their conversation outside the door
- When the conversation ends, Sooz scarpers
- Tasha & Rich arrive at the multistorey (Show them getting out of the car and standing by it)
- Wide shot on top of the multistorey carpark showing Andy arrive, get out of car and walk to Tasha & Rich
- They greet each other briefly, Andy hands over the USB stick, Tasha “I can’t tell you how much I appreciate this, I know how hard it must have been to get it, I owe you one” Andy (looking stressed) “You owe me more than one, I could lose my job for this! Look, just leave me out of this now i’ve gotta go! Andy then gets in his car and drives off.
- Sooz creeps closer
- Tasha says thank you to Rich for coming with her and offers him a lift home, he politely refuses and says he needs to go into town and he’ll walk.
- Rich heads into the lift
- Tasha fumbles in her bag looking for her car keys
- Sooz attacks Tasha, throws her against the car, lots of scuffling, “give it to me!! give me the USB” “give you what?? I dont know what you’re talking about” Sooz has Tasha round the neck, Tasha says she doesn’t know what she’s talking about, the fighting intensifies, more scuffling until tasha drops the USB
- Sooz grabs it and runs followed closely by Tasha
- Chase moves down the stairwell
- Shot of Rich in the elevator unaware of whats going on
- More Chasing (Close ups of feet coming down the steps, hands squeaking down the banisters, bouncing off the walls, jumping etc)
- Elevator door opens and Rich walks out
- Sooz collides into him and gets knocked out against wall/floor
- Tasha catches up, grabs USB stick out of Sooz’s hand, grabs Rich’s arm, tells him to go and they run off.
NOTES: A mixture of Go-pro and dslr views for all the chase scenes
and then made the storyboard, made some props, typed up all our notes from the day and sent them to Ian who then made the powerpoint ready for tomorrow morning.
-Ian created a reccy with all the plans for the day.
-Rich wrote the full script
-Full group filming from 10am-3pm on the 14th, 4 people acting and 3 on cameras.
Full group finished filming last scene 9-11am, then sorted through all the footage and spent the day editing. We had problems with the Final Cut programme it was taking 15mins to render each clip we put in so i took the footage home and finished the video & music.