We started with the toilet, because the damp smell in there was awful so we decided to tackle that first. Layers and layers of old wallpaper and woodchip had to be steamed and scraped off and when we finally got down to the walls we realised that it was all of that which was holding the walls together! They were in such a state!! And the back of the skirting boards were rotten and thats where the smell was coming from so they had to come out and we ripped the carpet up and removed some excess piping that was around the sink area. Ideally we would of loved to of changed the suite as well but after the extent of the repairs was apparent there was no way we could afford that so just cleaned them up the best be could.
Once all the wall repairs were done we painted and wall papered, and then sanded the wooden floorboards but they didn’t come up as well as i’d of hoped so we had lino put down on top.
Then we started on the main room, this was the biggest job! We had to remove a sink with pipes, tiles on walls, ceiling fan and strip lights, desk that was attached to the wall, steam multiple layers of paper off the walls it took days and then the walls had to all be repaired and then new plasterboard. We sanded the floor, painted walls, ceilings, windows, doors and had all the piping boxed in around the room to tidy it up.
And that brought us to this stage –
And no matter how we tried to arrange our furniture it just wasn’t right because of the floor so we painted it with Ronseal Cotton Floor Paint and it was just the finishing touch it needed! Now we were beginning to look how we’d imagined! 😀